- Focuses on the communications technology industry, a substantial part of the IT sector
- Invests in companies that develop applications, software platforms, network infrastructure equipment, semiconductors, and enabling technology
- Sources and executes transactions across all stages, including spinouts
- Prefers to lead or co-lead investments
- Likes to syndicate investments among other leading venture capital funds
- Prefers to have a seat on the Board of Directors of its portfolio companies
Post-investment, the General Partner believes that it can create significant value for Eastven's portfolio companies. Possessing what we believe is one the strongest teams in the communications technology industry, the General Partner has an extensive roster of contacts throughout the communications and venture capital industries. Eastven benefits from its heritage as the exclusive venture capital vehicle for Ericsson for Europe and North America. Ericsson is the leading wireless network equipment provider and a significant player across all of the communications technology industry. Today, as an independent venture capital firm, Eastven leverages deep industry experience and its relationships with Ericsson, Sony-Ericsson, enterprises such as Merrill Lynch and operators around the world to add value to its portfolio companies and realize superior returns for its investors. The Principals have extensive contacts, which can provide portfolio companies with technical, market, and sales intelligence. Introductions can potentially lead to OEM and/or VAR relationships with Ericsson. The Principals will use their contacts and individual experiences to assist portfolio companies with recruiting and hiring management teams, business planning, strategy, operations, financing, sales, and business development.